With my tongue just a little in my cheek here we go with 23 reasons why working from home rocks!……..
1. You don’t have to buy cakes for everyone when it’s your birthday.
2. You don’t have to buy as many work clothes….no one can see you anyway.
3. You don’t have to listen to office gossip.
4.You don’t have to sign leaving cards for people you didn’t know were leaving.
5. You can more easily look after poorly children.
6. You can more easily juggle school holidays.
7. You can more easily cover the dreaded school Inset training days.
8. There’s no more costly commute.
9. No more time consuming commute….it’s maybe five seconds to your desk/kitchen table.
10. There are fewer interruptions apart from your mum ringing up because she knows you work from home!
11. You have a far more flexible diary.
12. You can work in your pyjamas if you want to…although still being in them at lunchtime is maybe going a bit far.
13. There’s no longer anyone looking over your shoulder.
14. Your office expenses and a proportion of your household bills are tax deductible.
15. You can more easily do the household chores and tick off the ‘list’ you’ve been left.
16. You can be around for kids sports days.
17. You can be around for kids music concerts or plays.
18. You can be around to take in parcel deliveries….and, often, your neighbours parcels as well.
19. You can be around to get the washing machine fixed.
20. You can play your music at high volume.
21. You’re doing your bit for the environment by not driving to work.
22. You can fit in a dentist or doctors appointment during the day.
23. You can watch Jeremy Kyle!